Indian School of Mines Dhanbad
Updated on: Feb 19, 2013
Indian School of Mines (ISM) Dhanbad was founded in the year 1926. ISM Dhanbad is one of the premier engineering institutions of India. ISM Dhanbad was granted the status of Deemed University under the UGC Act in 1967. The University is a member of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU). It is also approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
The University has a Training & Placement Cell. It has links with reputed universities and institutes across the globe. The placement cell keeps tie ups with renowned organizations too.
ISM Dhanbad is situated in the India's prime coking coal belt at Dhanbad(Jharkhand) which is 260 Km away from Kolkata on Howrah-New Delhi Grand Chord Railway route. ISMU has a fully residential campus spreads over an area of 88 hectares. It takes roughly around three hours by train to reach Dhanbad city.
ISM Dhanbad Departments
- Department of Mining Engineering
- Department of Applied Geology
- Department of Applied Geophysics
- Department of Applied Physics
- Department of Applied Mathematics
- Department of Management Studies
- Department of Applied Chemistry
- Department of Petroleum Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering
- Department of Comp. Science and Engineering
- Department of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Department of Environmental Science & Engg.
- Department of Electronics and Instrumentation
- Department of Fuel and Mineral Engineering
- Department of Mechanical Engineering and Mining Machinery Engineering
For further information related to ISM Dhanbad, click on the links provided below: