Central University of Jharkhand
Updated on: Feb 19, 2013
With the consent of The President of India under The Central Universities Act, 2009, that envisages establishing and incorporating universities for teaching and research in the various states, The Central University of Jharkhand came into existence on 1st March, 2009.
The President of India, Her Excellency, Shrimati Pratibha Devisingh Patil, appointed Dr. Darlando T. Khathing, an internationally renowned scientist and a distinguished academic administrator, as its first Vice Chancellor.
CUJs main focus will be on research in cutting-edge technologies.
Latest Notification : Central University of Jharkhand Common Entrance Test Notification 2012
The vision of The Central University of Jharkhand is to create a world class university in every aspect, be it research, teaching, administration or co-curricular activities, to produce world class students ready to excel in every chosen field with honour and uprightness.
The objectives of the University are to:
- Disseminate and advance knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in various disciplines
- Make special provisions for Integrated Courses in:
o Social Sciences
o Science & Technology
- Promote innovations in teaching-learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research
- Educate and train manpower for the development of the country
- Establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology and
- Pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.
For further information related to CUJ Ranchi, click on the links provided below: